Wednesday 4 December 2013

Batata Sambhar Talasan ( Potato Stir Fry with Sambhar Masala )

This simple potato stir fry in unbelievably delicious and a perfect tiffin recipe . It gets prepared in minutes and whenever I am having busy schedule I end up making this dish for my husband's tiffin, since he loved it.

Addition of sambhar masala with tamarind pulp gives this stir fry a twist which leaves you wanting more.
It tastes yummy with a simple vegetarian lunch .

Please do try it and send me your valuable comments. Sending this to Vegan Thursdays an event by priya






Ingredients :

4 to 5 ........................potatoes
2 onions ................... finely chopped
1/4 tsp....................chilly powder
1/4 tsp...................asefoetida
1 tbsp or more......smabhar masala ( South Indian)
1 tbsp..................jaggery
1 tbsp...................tamarind pulp
2 tbsp..................oil
salt


Method :

Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.

Heat oil and saute the onion for 5 minutes.

Add potatoes and stir till half cooked.

Add all the masalas, jaggery, tamarind pulp and salt.

Cover the lid on the the pan and cook till done.

This is a perfect tiffin recipe with rotis and also with daal rice.





2 comments:

  1. Potato curry looks very toothsome and mouth watery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree to you Sanoli. Actually, I showed this to my wife after I saw this blog so that she can cook it and I can taste this recipe. This dish is truly delicious and you can really taste every ingredients of this dish.

      Beef Stir Fry

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...